Sapir's Career Center, established in partnership with the Edmond de Rothschild Foundation, offers professional services to help students and graduates join the job market.
Programs offer the knowledge and skills for job search and career development, through individual guidance and personalized employment counseling; updated job boards; group workshops, lectures and meetings with potential employers; employment fairs, etc. Students participate in short-term work experiences and internship opportunities, specific to their study areas. The Career Center provides unique employment solutions for Sapir's Arab and Arab Bedouin community students and graduates.
Tamar Shohat, the Center's director, chose to move with her family to the south, where they have lived for the past five years in Kibbutz Shuval. She has over 20 years' experience in Human Resource Management in corporations and social ventures. In her words, "my goal is to assist Sapir students and graduates to find a meaningful job in their field, during their studies."
Einas Alhozail is a Sapir alumnae. She has a BA degree in Multidisciplinary Studies and an MA degree in Public Administration and Policy from the College. She has experience as a mentor, working with students from the Arab Bedouin community, both at Sapir and when she worked for AJEEC. She is very committed, equipped with proven experience in advancing Israel's Arab community. Einas is very excited to be working with Arab and Arab Bedouin students and graduates to help develop their careers.
Career Center programs include:
- Guidance to clarify job interest areas, build resumes, prepare for job interviews.
- Preparation for employment assessment centers
- Tools for finding work that is appropriate for the candidate's skillset and degree
- Job search and contacts to relevant employers
- Workshops and lectures that focus on: job interviews, creating resumes, presentation and entrepreneurship skills, LinkedIn, and more
- Job Fairs and Spotlight Events
- Job Boards
- Student Internships
- Industry Based Mentors