We use digital products on a daily basis, from smartphone apps and websites, to systems for banks, high-tech and industries. The market has a high demand for expert digital product designers, to create innovative and user-friendly services in Israel and globally.
Sapir's Media Design Practical Engineering Diploma two-year intensive program, trains students to produce the best creative and technical platforms. They learn to research and develop product specification and design; interactive imaging; and usability tests that ensure that the final digital product meets the client's vision and goals. In the final year of our diploma course, students chose a range of specializations, including Digital Design; Defining User Experience; Technical Tools; Programing & Technology and Video & Animation. Our program offers:
- The only practical engineer program in Israel that provides training in User Experience Design (UX) and User Interface (UI) for apps and websites.
- Proficiency with products such as smartphone and tablet apps, custom websites, large touchscreen apps, application design using new technologies, branding and advertising and design for print products.
- Multidisciplinary workshops with other departments and the College's Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center.
- Experience in operating commercial projects that provide product specification and design solutions to companies.
- Job training, professional presentation techniques, English language and teamwork skills.
- Student Internship program.
Students learn collaborative work practices, solve time-sensitive problems, prioritize tasks and manage complex projects. This intensive training gives our graduates a competitive edge in job interviews and career advancement.
Final Project & Student Internships
Final Project: To graduate, second year students must complete a final project, culminating in a presentation to external examiners.
Student Internships: Outstanding students can choose to intern in the industry, working on a commercial digital design instead of a final project. They gain valuable work experience. Many of the participating companies recruit their student interns as full time employees post-graduation.
Practical Media Design Engineer Diploma & Communications BA Degree
On completion of their Practical Media Design Engineer diploma, students have the option to continue their studies for an additional two years to pursue a Communications BA degree. Students gain professional training and expertise as user interface designers alongside extensive academics in Communications. Graduates will receive both a government certified Practical Engineer diploma and a B.A. degree within 4 years of studies, advancing their job prospects and career development.
Graduates are highly sought after in a variety of positions in the digital and interactive industry, such as: design studios; startup and hi-tech companies; user experience designers and user interface designers and in advertising companies; etc.